Make your own letter cards to teach sequencing, letter recognition and matching the capital and small letters of the English alphabet. Form words for reading using the advanced phonics letter cards. We have chosen a clean font with no extra squiggles and differentiation between M and W as well as b, p and q.
Recommended for ages 3 & above.
How to use
Just print and cut - laminating is recommended but optional. Comes with picture ideas for how the cards can be used.
You will get a downloadable PDF which you can print on card paper or normal paper (for lamination) and then cut out into individual number cards. We have sized each card to be about 8cm (length) by 5cm (width) [3.1" x 1.9"], depending on your printer setup, after printing and cutting.
1) A to Z uppercase (blue consonants, red vowels)
2) a-z lowercase (blue consonants, red vowels)
3) Extra set of vowels (A,E,I,O,U,Y and a,e,i,o,u,y) - in red
4) Long vowels (ai, ay, ei, ey, ea, ee, ie, igh, oa, oe, ou, ow, ue, ew, oo) - in red
5) Starting consonant blends - in black
i. l-blends (bl, cl, fl, gl, pl, sl)
ii. r-blends (br, cr, dr, fr, gr, pr, tr, tw*)
iii. s-blends (sc, sk, sm, sn, sp, st, sw, squ, scr, str)
6) Ending consonant blends (ld, lf, lk, lm, lp, lt, mp, nd, nt, st) - in black
7) r-controlled vowels (ar, er, ir, or, ur) - in red
8) Digraphs (ch, ph, sh, th, wh) - in black
13 pages; 123 filled letter cards in total.